No more worries about...
...accidental fires or faulty gas appliances
The DRS Alarms Home Safe Pack contains three essential home safety products to help protect you, your family and your property.
The pack contains a multi-purpose dry powder extinguisher - the best choice for home use and effective on many types of fire, a fire blanket which can be used to put out a fire or wrap a person whose clothes are on fire, and a carbon monoxide alarm that protects you from ‘the silent killer’
Did you know...?
- Over half of home fires are caused by cooking accidents.
- More than five fires a day are started by candles.
- Every three days someone dies from a fire caused by a cigarette.
- Faulty electrics (appliances, wiring and overloaded sockets) cause around 7,000 house fires across the country every year
- Around 20 people a year die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated.
The DRS Alarms Home Safe Pack has been designed to help protect you should an accidental fire occur at home from cooking, smoking or a faulty electrical appliance, as well as provide an early warning should one of your heating appliances leak Carbon Monoxide - ‘the silent killer’.
You can’t see it, taste it or smell it but carbon monoxide (CO) can kill quickly without warning.
Carbon monoxide gas is a bi-product of virtually any combustion process – any household appliance that burns natural gas, coal, oil, bottled gas, paraffin, wood, petrol, diesel or charcoal is a potential source of a CO leak if it goes wrong or the flue becomes blocked. Boilers and cookers are the most usual source of a leak. CO is silent and odourless and experts say that even the most modern-looking gas fire can be lethal if it is badly fitted or poorly serviced. Most CO victims tend to be poisoned in their sleep. Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health if breathed in over a long period. In extreme cases paralysis and brain damage can be caused as a result of prolonged exposure to CO.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) strongly recommends the use of audible carbon monoxide (CO) alarms.
The DRS Alarms Home Safe Pack includes a market leading Kidde battery powered alarm, which keeps on working even if there’s a power outage, that will provide you with a potentially life saving audible warning if Carbon Monoxide should be detected in your home.
*When bought as a separate product (i.e no alarm) supply and installation will be £259